Quick Tips for Your Short Piece
1. Wait 48 Hours. After you write anything, you need to wait 48 hours before you dig into your work again.
2. Cut 10%. Everything you write is bloated. Everything. So if you wrote 1500 words, cut it by 150.
3. Every sentence must have a purpose. Every. One. You'd be amazed how many sentences just hang out there for no reason.
4. Avoid adverbs. They weaken your sentence. Strengthen your verbs.
5. Avoid Passive Tense. Don't be timid! Your readers know it!
I do a deeper dive into some of these tips in How To Write In 90 Minutes, which you can find HERE! -Stephen